Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Making a Hat

Where to start with this story…hummm….I guess the best place to start is, ever since Kyler was born people have called him “A little Man”. “He is such a little man” people would say. Well one day I was in a fabric store looking at some things and I found the cutest little tags. What did they say…you’ll see. Well I had to buy the tags, but I needed to make something to put them on, so I decided to make him a hat. What possessed me I don’t know. So I bought a pattern, which should have been the first clue that I shouldn’t do it, and the material and headed home. Well, I don’t know how many of you have tried to follow a pattern lately, but I discovered you need a whole separate dictionary just to understand what the heck they are saying. So I ignored the words and tried to follow the pictures. Needless to say I sewed and unpicked this hat like a million times, I seriously almost when through a whole spool of orange thread. Hehehe, but I finally somehow turned that mess into a hat and a pretty cute one at that. The pictures will show you the tag, I LOVE IT!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cute. I would never have been able to make that. I'm impressed. I love your blog. I was actually looking up yours as you were commenting on mine. How funny. I put a link on our blog to yours so now I can look at it often. We need to play soon. Love ya guys!

Amy said...

So cute! It feels so good to finish a project...ESPECIALLY a difficult or frustrating one! :-) Good work!

J+M=L said...

You are so talented! I love that video of Kyler! What a cutie! He seems like such a happy "little man".

Ostler & Co. said...

i can't believe how big kyler is, he is thee CUTEST!! fabulous hat :)

Anthony and Christel said...

Hello!! I didn't know that you guys have a blog, that's awesome! I love your family, you are just so darn cute! Check out our blog sometime!
www.anthonyandchristelfuentes.blogspot.com
Take care!

Pam said...

Too cute tiff. You seem to be a great mom & homemaker. Man I wish I could sew! Kyler is super cute on the video. Fun stage, but then they all are.

bella utahan said...

The hat turned out great! I think sewing many times is best learned by trial and error! I am happy to see you guys have a blog! Rachael

Anonymous said...

I'm really doing it this time! I know some of you already sent me your e-mail so I can set our blog to private, but some got erased before I wrote them down. So please send your e-mail address that you use to blog to jtukka1025@hotmail.com. Also, that it the e-mail we use for blogger, so if you ever set yours to private, send an invite to us there. Please e-mail us quickly so we can set our blog private and you won't miss out on the Tuckers!