Monday, May 5, 2008

Goblin Valley

Camping. I LOVE camping. I think the reason why I love camping is because it takes work to get what you want. If your cold, you have to make a fire, if your hungry, you have to make something (theres no microwave), for entertainment you play games instead of vegout, and you get so much more excersize doing all of this! But, it has now come to my attention that camping with a baby is even MORE work! We had SO much fun in Goblin Valley this last weekend, but now that we're home I have realized that I don't think I had a single down minute while we were there exept after I put Kyler down for the night :) It's good to be home.














We went to Goblin Valley with my family, it was a quick trip, but we had a great time. Kyler did so well. We bought this miniture tent for him so we could put him down anywhere and he could be in the shade. It was the smartest investment I've ever made.














We have played many games in Goblin Valley, but one that I hadn't played before, that we played this trip was Sardines. I hadn't played sinse I was a kid, it was a blast.













We also had a great time hiking the slots in wild horese canyon. This is a great hike. It's about 2.5 miles one way, but the elevation change is so gradual you hardly even notice it. It's also nice because the slots are nice and cool, so it keeps you out of the heat.


































The rest of the time was spent feeding Kyler and my family and trying to catch up on the sleep we weren't getting at night. It was pretty cold for this time of year. 70's during the day and 30's-40's at night. We bought a sleeping bag for kyler and it worked pretty well, but I could figure out how to keep his face and hands warm...any suggestions?















Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pictures, it was a great adventure!














We had a hard time getting Kyler to take naps, partly because of the heat in the tent and partly becuase of the light. Anyway, I hope you get a kick out of this video, we thought it was pretty cute.

1 comment:

Ostler & Co. said...

Could Kyler be any cuter?