Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day, Pie's and Quilts

Well, I had a wonderful mothers day, Kyler made me the cutest card ever, and a note that said he would take Dad out for the afternoon while mom read her new book (the third Fablehaven book) I'm really excited for that. Brian also gave me a sweet card and a note I'll treasure forever. Mothers day was great!
Then I fianlly finished the quilts I made for Heather and Stacey. It only took me 6 months, go figure, :) but the timing was perfect, I got to give them to them on their 16th birthday! I can't believe they are 16, life sure goes by fast. It was really fun to watch them open them, I thought they turned out so good I had a hard time letting them go.
One of the best parts of Mothers Day is getting to spoil my mom. I admit it was a lot of work this year, with finding time to also see Brians Mom and spending time for myself. But it was worth it. My mom always asks for a blueberry pie for mothers day, I've had fun making them special. The picture of the pie with stars was last years pie, unfortunatly it ended up on the floor before anyone could eat it (yes I cried), and this year I did a crumble top instead of a crust, I think it's been my favorite.

8 comments:

Ostler & Co. said...

yummy!! your quilts you made for the twins are so cute!!! i miss my tiffany!

Unknown said...

Yum, yum, blueberry pie!!! I'm salivating over your lovely pies all the way from Ohio. I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day. I did too. I need to post about it, and I will, but right now I'm frantically trying to get the family, house, and finances ready to take a trip to DC to visit my folks. Thanks for letting me know about your site. I'll be a frequent visitor.

Ken and Amy said...

First off...welcome to the blogging world!!! Check out www.cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com to find cute backgrounds (just follow the instructions on the right side of the page). And second, KYLER IS SOOOO CUTE!!! I love his little smile! We need to meet you somewhere and go camping this summer...we love to camp too!

We are excited to read more about your exciting family adventures in the future!

Ken and Amy said...

PS...Ken about died when I told him the twins turned 16! It made him feel really old!

Spencer and Maren said...

Okay, so this has nothing to do much with your mothers day post. However I do think you are amazing making two quilts in such a short time. Were all the jeans yours or were they the twins?

Anyway, I really wanted to make a comment about the cute picture of you with Kyler at the hospital. I think it is great that you have a picture of that precious time. I find it silly when people wont let a camera in the room or won't let anyone take the moms picture. How silly! So way to go!

Tiffany said...

Yea! I love comments. Amy- you can tell ken it's ok, it makes ME feel really old that the twins are 16, I think once you're 21 you stop aging and the whole world just slowly starts catching up with you, at least, thats how I feel. Maren- the jeans were the twins and some they had been given by a friend, it was a lot of jeans, and thanks for the confidence in the pics, I love them.

Corinne said...

I could eat a whole blueberry pie right now!! yum. Good work on the quilting.

Amy said...

I would love to hear the rest of the story of the pie mishap. It really was a beautiful pie. You're very talented.