Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Short and Sweet...I hope

Ok, so it's been forever sense I've posted. Brian has posted more recently then me!! Whats up with that!! Things are just so crazy this time of year. But I thought I'd post some quick pictures to catch you up!

This is Kyler eating a pomegranate....he was trying to eat it like an apple....silly boy He actually really likes them...another thing to add to is favorite food list!

This was my favorite pie I made for thanksgiving...Razzleberry. I was so pleased that the lattice top turned out. I made my own crusts this year, and after 5 pies, this one turned out the best. We made, a Lemon cream cheese, cherry cream cheese, two pumpkins, and a Razzleberry. So I guess that's four pies, but 5 crusts!

This is just a sweet pic of Grandpa Smith reading to Kyler, one of those "oh" moments

Wahooo!!! Christmas really is here, we finally got snow yesterday! It snowed all day, and we went out and played when Daddy got home. We got about 6 inches I think. Now it finally feels like Christmas...let the fun begin!!!

My brother David uses his cell phone as bate to get Kyler to sit on his lap. Kyler LOVES IT! I can just see him in 12 or so years, texting on his cell phone and not listening to a word I'm saying! Yikes!!


One of my fun family traditions that we've done sense I can remember is make a cookie train at Christmas time. We did one at my Dads last night. Here are the results
My Dad did the engine...he's so dang good at it!
Next was mine...its a chihuly car....after the famous guy who does blown glass....anywayand the rest! Fun fun!
And last but not least, a cute video of Kylers ticklish neck. Have a great week everyone!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the cookie train! What a great idea. I may have to steal it. Also, I'm curious what is in your Razzleberry Pie. It looks so yummy, and so pretty. :) And of course, Kyler is adorable! I love the video. Little kids laughs are the greatest.

Jenny said...

So great to have you post again! You guys got TONS of snow! We didn't get near that much - just the cold. Great work on the pies! I am looking forward to a time when I can have my own kitchen for Thanksgiving and do something fun like that. I'll have to remember to call you for help. The train is so cute! I love the first one especially. Yay for Tiffany posting again!

Katy said...

That train is awesome!

Tiffany said...

Yea for comments they make me so happy! The inside of my razzleberry pie has mostley rasberrys, blackberrys and a few strawberrys and blueberrys, I can post the recipe if you'd like it!

Anthony and Christel said...

Your pie crust is perfect...martha! :) The cookie trains are so awesome, I have never seen that before. Kyler is SO adorable!! I love his little giggle, and it is fun to see Uncle Paul in a picture (not too many of those floating around)..I love Uncle Paul! :) He has got to be such a great father in law.

Brian Smith said...

Wow, mild depression is setting in. Tiffany didn't even post any pictures of my train car, I doubt she even took any pictures. That's ok though, it wasn't picture worthy. This is a fun tradition but I am really not very good at it.

Tiffany said...

I did so.....its....right....there behind mine....can't you see it....kinda....:( I'm sorry love. I loved your train, it was a hay ride car...so fun...I love you!!!

Pam said...

The recipe for your pie would be great!! That is my favorite too, but I have never ventured to make my own. You are such a good homemaker!!

DeLoy and Heidi Brady said...

Brian and Tiffany- your little boy is getting so big! I just love him! It is fun to see your family. Uncle Paul has got to be one of the most sweetest dads and grandpa's...He and Aunt Connie have always been so awesome to us. We love them so much! Awesome pie- it was absolutely beautiful!