Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Moving Lament

Woe is me....that is how this post is going to go. Change is HARD and for some reason it hit me today. When Brian left for work today I just broke into tears. I love our new place, and it's such a blessing, but as I was waking up this morning and thinking of all the things I could be doing today at our old place, I felt a sense of loss. I couldn't go to the library, which was just two blocks from our old place. I couldn't walk to the store and get a few things for dinner, I'm missing play group. My sister-in-law and her kids are going sledding today, but I don't have a car, so I can' t join them. I guess I could have taken Brian to work, but then that's an hour in the car with Kyler right at breakfast, and an hour in the car right before dinner. Anyway, to solve this attitude problem, I got all dressed up, did my hair and makeup, and then played with Kyler on the bed (his favorite). It helped cheer me up a bit. After all, I couldn't ask for a better place to be right now, and it's only for 2 months. By March we'll be across the country and only a mile from Brian's internship, so I can have a car. I'm sure I'll have movers depression then too, but hopefully I'll get over it just as fast.

We don't have our camera software uploaded on the laptop yet, but as soon as we do I'll post pics from Christmas and of our new place. A short sweet version is we were totally spoiled on Christmas by our loving family, and we got everywhere safely in our new 4 wheel drive Pilot. It was great!

8 comments:

Shelley Family said...

I'm so sorry, change is so hard, especially when you move. You should give me a call when you are feeling bored or lonely or if you need a ride somewhere. Cause I am guessing we don't live too far from each other! And if you need my number, just send me an e-mail. Or at least send me your number :)

Unknown said...

The neighborhood misses you too!

bella utahan said...

At least you end on a good note!

Unknown said...

Wish you were still next door we could have an all night Ticket to Ride/Settlers game night!! with some cheesecake and sparkling soda courtesy of Dans (yours of course because you go two) :)

Amy said...

Reading your post makes me excited to move...even though I'm sure I'll lament leaving our apartment and neighbors who we love so much!

Jayne said...

And you think you're sad:)! So nice to see you guys today. Thanks for being our great neighbors and friends. Come by and see us sometime if you like at teamekins. Hope it's a great ride these next few months! Love, Jayne and Jacob

Jenny said...

So is the adjustment getting any better? Hope you're having fun at your new place!

Corinne said...

I still miss that neighborhood too. If we could move back there when we come to UT we would in a hear beat. I love the ward, the little shops, breakfast at Eggs in the City, walks through the gorgeous neighborhoods... Sorry I don't mean to make you home sick look on the bright side at least you didn't move 2500 miles away....