Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fishing

Brian gave me the most wonderful surprise yesterday. He had arranged to drop Kyler off and his moms house and took me fishing for the day. We went to Strawberry reservoir because supposedly it's suppose to be fishing really well right now. The weather was suppose to be freezing (literally, 30 degrees) So Brian came prepared with cold winter gear. But as you'll see from the pictures, it was BEAUTIFUL!!! This was my first real time fishing, there has always been something romantic about fishing for me, the quiet lake, the beautiful scenery, doing nothing but enjoy nature, and cast of course. Anyway, I loved it, here's me fishing.

And here's my fish!!! I only caught one, but after 4 hours of nothing, I was totally ecstatic to get anything at all. He is an 11 in Rainbow Trout.
Time to prepare the fish, Brian was nice and cleaned it for me. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. So all I had to do was cook it. You can also see the lovely sunburn I got on one side of my head...:)
The finished product!
Yummy!! I'm not much of a fish person, I really don't enjoy the "fishy" taste. But this wasn't even the slightest bit fishy, it was SO yummy, quite possible they best "meat" I've ever had. Can't wait to catch more!


4 comments:

Jenny said...

What a fun thing! Any date sounds fun these days, but one that is pre-arranged and presented as a surprise sounds amazing!!! I am glad you had a fun day. How nice that Connie took Kyler for you. We got to visit with him for a few minutes while he was there. What a cutie pie he is.

Ostler & Co. said...

you are the cutest! you are so BRAVE! LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture with you holding the fish you caught, that is a framer! p.s. jeremy didn't make his flight either :(

bella utahan said...

what a great way to spend some time together!

Jenny said...

Another tag... don't do it unless you want to. Details on my blog :)