Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Actual Day and the Party Day

So Kyler's actual birthday was a big day for Brian. He had a test in his hardest class AND he was defending his doctoral presentation that day, so needless to say, I figured we'd do nothing. But Brian surprised us by skipping some classes, and we went out to play. We went to Liberty Park, and had a wonderful picnic, then we went over to this little river/splash park that Kyler loves.

Kyler got this funny crawl because the cement was hurting his knees



Brian gave his presentation with flying colors and it was excepted (wahoo!), so then we took Kyler and went out to dinner with some of Brian's school friends who also defended that day. All in all it was a great day.


We celebrated his birthday on Saturday at my Cabin. We opened presents throughout the day so he'd get some good one on one time with each gift giver. He got:




A WAY cute suit from my Mom and the girls



The cutest toy train ever from Jeff and Leslie




And a fun new book from G & G Smith, Aunt Kiki, and Aunt Juju with LOTS of cloths (Thank you!!)



The rain held off just long enough for us to enjoy the outdoors, and eat dinner.







Then the best part...the CAKE! We made a sand castle cake because Kyler loves to eat sand. Our little Sand Monster.



What a great day! Thanks to everyone who came! And to top it off, Kyler took his first steps that day, here's proof.



6 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

Way to go Kyler!! Seriously, Kyler is SO DANG CUTE!! I think I might just steal him at our next family function! I love his little crawl too, how cute! He's walking now, so I guess it's time for baby #2! :) LOL

Jenny said...

Congratulations on Brian's presentation going so well! What a great accomplishment for your family. Kyler is so adorable! What a darling little one year old!

Ken and Amy said...

Your cake turned out SOOO CUTE! And the little suit is adorable. It was fun to see pictures of all the cousins too.

Ostler & Co. said...

tiffany!!! i can't believe little man is a year old! its seems like just yesterday you told me you were pregnant. He is ADORABLE in his little suit, it fits him perfectly!!! I just miss you tons, I think of you every time I drive past your house on my way home from school. we will have to get together soon!!! by the way, LOVED the sand cake, I wouldn't expect anything less from you :)

bella utahan said...

buon compleanno Kyler! What a fun cake!

Unknown said...

I can't believe he's one!! He's SO adorable you guys! I'm glad Brian's presentation went well also.