Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mistletoe State Park

Well, any of you who keep up with facebook know that when my family came out to visit last week we were planning on camping at the beach. We'd been planning it for months, I reserved the campsite before Quinn was even born! So as the day approached we did all we needed to to get ready, we borrowed tents and sleeping bags, bought all the food, arranged for a second car. Finally the day arrived, I was packing food when I thought, I should call and confirm our reservation just in case. So I called and the terrible happened. Our reservation had been made for the NEXT week. And of course being spring break, nothing was available on the beach in either Georgia, South Carolina, or Florida. So we asked for ANYTHING by water and they found one site...yup, the last one. Mistletoe State Park had one opening, so that's where we headed. It was only two 1/2 hours east of us, so that was nice. We were planning four to the beach. All in all (meaning after I stopped crying and got over it) we had a beautiful site, and had a good time.
What was most important was getting to spend time together.


We got Kyler a head lamp and he loved it of course. Headlamps are the BEST when your camping. This was the area of the lake reserved for swimming, it was really nice. The sand was even nice, so we had a great time swimming and building sand castles. Kyler even got in and swam even though the waster was cold. He was so brave!




My favorite though was watching the sun rise over the lake with all three of my boys. Brian would get up with Kyler in the morning, so this was the only day I caught the sunrise, but man was it beautiful.

This is the view from our hammock at our campsite. The hammock sure was popular, I think we all were fighting for time in it. I know I didn't get enough time in it, but I'm sure there will be other trips.

We did get one big storm. It POURED, and the wind was blowing which gave us horizontal down pour. Needless to say Kyler and I ended up hunkered down in the tent (Quinn was already asleep) until it passed. It was actually one of my favorite moments, laying next to Kyler, talking about the rain and thunder as he slowly fell asleep in my arms. He hasn't fallen asleep in my arms since he was tiny. It was fun. The next day was a bit cold so we all sat in our tent and played games...we even somehow managed to entertain Kyler too. It was a good trip all in all....maybe we'll do the beach next year.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Great pics. Now I want to go camping!!