Thursday, July 23, 2009

BUGS - by Brian

So we are almost completely moved in. Most of the boxes are unpacked. The ones that aren't will probably stay hidden until the baby comes. As we have been unpacking we realized we have guests (I mean pests) in our house.

Meet the Scutigera Coleoptrata; Also Known As the House Centipede.
Although I have been told they are not poisonous/dangerous to humans (unless you have a rare alergic reaction to a bite; and they rarely bite humans) I get chills down my back everytime I see one run. With 15 PAIRS of legs this thing can run 16 inches per second...who wouldn't be a little squeemish! I bought a bunch of insect killer but have now read that this won't kill them. It seems the only way to get them is with sticky traps. I guess the upside is that they are carniverous. They will keep the spiders and other small bugs away. So...anyone want to come visit? You can stay for dinner!

7 comments:

Teresa said...

This is ONE BIG REASON I will NOT move to another city. I prefer the pests I am familiar with. YUCK!

Jenny said...

yuck Yuck YUCK!!!

bella utahan said...

that is creepy!!! Charlotte and I waved from the airport the other day as we passed through Atlanta!

Losinthisdangfat said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS!!! I am getting chills just from looking at that picture! I HATE bugs! (I think I got that from my mom!) LOL

McDougal Family said...

Oh that is SO GROSS!!! Hope you can get rid of them soon! :)

Unknown said...

Yikes!!! Would an exterminator take care of them? My parents keep telling me that we need to call an exterminator because we have silver fish bugs in our house, but they're nothing compared to your house guests! Unfortunately, ours aren't carnivorous. Dad says they eat books, linens, etc., so I probably should make an appointment soon. :P

Markie23 said...

CRIKEY!!