Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Cake

So I just wanted to give a quick thanks to Jenae Meservy who did the cake for Brian's graduation party. I had been dreaming of a U cake for Brians final Graduation for as long as I can remember. So when the time came near I was excited to put the plans into action. I contacted a bakery close to where we lived in American Fork who has the most wonderful little pastry shop. They also do custom cakes, so I told them what I was thinking and they gave me a quote that sent all my dreams crushing to the ground....there was NO WAY I could afford to get the cake.
I told my mom of my dilemma and she contact Jenae. We grew up just up the street from Jenae and her family, she now has started her own wedding cake and flower business. My mom gave her a call and gave me this wonderful surprise on the day of Brian's graduation party. Jenae did such a wonderful job. Not only did the cake look amazing..it TASTED amazing!!! Of course nothing less then chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate for Brian. The whole cake was edible except the scroll and the top of grad hat. I couldn't have dreamed up anything more perfect! Thanks Jenae!!!
If anyone is interested in her work, she has a website, http://www.petalsandcrumbs.com/

2 comments:

Losinthisdangfat said...

Holy Cow! That's a cake?!?! I thought it was a hat and a real diploma! Whoever did the cake did a great job! It looks really tasty too!
Congratulations Brian!

Unknown said...

How did Brians interview go? Thanks again for coming to visit we had so much fun. Thanks a million for Ticket to Ride cant wait to play it again! You guys are the best!