Monday, December 28, 2009

Introducing Quinn Alexander Smith


Quinn joined our family Dec 28th at 1:31 am. He weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and was 20 in long. We were taking the Christmas tree down when my contractions started getting more noticeable and closer together. Around 10:30 they were 4-6 min apart and we headed for the hospital. I was disappointed when they checked me and I was only at a two, but I shouldn't have been because 45 min later I was at a 4. They started an epidural about 12:20, but 20 minutes later I was at an 8 and the epidural still wasn't working. They came in at 12:50 and placed a second epidural but by the time it was time to push I was just barely starting to feel my legs go numb and still feeling every contraction, even temperature on my belly. So needless to say, I did something I NEVER EVER thought I would EVER do. And that is have a baby naturally. Not by choice of course. I'd take this experience, 4 hours with very little paid medication, over the 26 hours completely drugged any day. We are both doing great, and I've been up and walking around all day, even took a shower...needless to say this has been a MUCH better birthing experience. We are so glad that Quinn is here healthy and strong.







14 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so dang cute!! We are so excited for you guys!!

lmackay32 said...

What a sweet little angel! I can't believe you went natural, you are one tough momma! Congrats on the new additon, he is just beautiful.

Corinne said...

What a perfect Christmas Present!! He is so sweet. Congrats

Anonymous said...

Congrats Brian and Tiffany! He is so cute! I love the name Quinn. Glad everything went well for you!

beth said...

Congratulations! It sounds like a pretty amazing birth experience! If you're going to go natural, 4 hours would be the way to do it, huh?? :)

Annie said...

We are so happy for you guys! He is a adorable and we are glad you are doing well. What a woman are you are. We will check back for up dates. Love, Annie, Brent and fam.

DeLoy and Heidi Brady said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys! I know what you mean about it being no fun having it natural. I didn't do it on purpose either!

Unknown said...

What an adorable little guy! I'm so glad your birthing experience was better this time. Natural childbirth definitely has its pros and cons. I've done both ways too. Give Quinn some hugs and squeezes for me!

Ken and Amy said...

Hip, Hip, HOORAY!!!! He is so cute!!! Glad you both are doing well. Take it easy Tiff and enjoy that sweet spirit straight from heaven. :)

Jayne said...

Congratulations!!! You're wonder woman. Beautiful boy. Great name. Wonderful family. Excellent parents.

McDougal Family said...

Congrats on the new little one! He's adorable!!! So happy for you and your family!

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! And yay for going natural...even if you didn't plan it! I'm hoping to cut down my labor time the second time around! We'll see...

ana said...

he is so cute,adorable!pretty family!

The Ross Family said...

Congrats!!