Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's Official!!!

Wahooo!!! The weight has finally been lifted. Brian has officially passed his board exam and is now an official Physical Therapist. I have waited to see this face for 3 years!!! When ever we'd finish some difficult time, like finals, I'd always be so excited for him to come home and be done, but he'd always reply " I still have......a year of school....another semester....to pass my boards." BUT NO MORE!!!! We are officially done with tests!!! Thanks to all of you who prayed for Brian on this test. He was really nervous about it, the practice tests weren't going very well and the doom cloud overshadowed him for most of the last week. He's happier then I can remember seeing him now. Thanks to everyone for your support!

An update on where we are in life. We are currently living with Brian's parents until we accept a job offer. We had two potential offers and now are just working on one. Utah Valley Regional Hospital offered a full time position in acute care, but we ended up turning it down because Brain really feels like he need to be in Rehab. So our current offer is from The Shepard Clinic in Atlanta, GA. It's a one year fellowship opportunity working specifically with Spinal Cord injury patients, which is right up his alley. It's really his dream job....minus the salary. We really would love the opportunity to work there, but we have to meet our basic necessities, so Brian has been working with them on housing and such to see if we can make it work. We hope to hear from them sometime in the next week. So, we're just waiting right now. Hopefully I'll keep you all posted!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! I just talked with Brian this morning and he didn't know yet! (At least that's what he told me...)

I am so happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Cant wait to post a similar blog like this next year! It seems so far away! Good luck, keep us updated!

Ostler & Co. said...

Tiffany!!!! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! We need to get together incase you move to Georgia OR I can just come visit you!

beth said...

Congratulations Brian! I hope you don't go to Atlanta just so we can come to you when we have our aches and pains! But really, I hope you end up with something great somewhere fun!

Email me at marriedtoachef@gmail.com so I can invite you to our blog - it's set to private now. :)

Jayne said...

Yay! Congratulations guys! Now you never, NEVER, have to go there again. Great work. Tiffany, I've been meaning to write a wonderfully detailed email, but it hasn't happened yet:) We're moving next week. I'll send word when things calm down. Good luck on the job hunt! Love, Jayne & Jacob

Ken and Amy said...

WAHHHHOOOOOOOO!!! Good job Brian! Can't wait to hear more about Georgia.

lmackay32 said...

Hi Tiffany,
I was so excited to see you over the weekend. I was reading up on your blog, you have such a cute little family. I hope all is going well. You can check out my blog if you get bored, or email me at lmackay32@hotmail.com

Talk to you soon!
Liz

Heidi said...

Congratulations Brian!! It is always a great feeling to end one chapter and begin another. What an awesome accomplishment.