Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bored with Spaghetti?

So, I was going to post all about our new place, but for some reason I can't get the pictures to transfer from the camera...hope it's just being lame for the moment, and not something seriously wrong with the camera.

Anyway! Sense I can't post without pics I thought I'd post about what we had for dinner last night. I was planning on spaghetti, but really wanted something new. So this is what I did, and we loved it. Brian even had seconds, and he's not much of a spaghetti person.
I tried a new sauce that I really liked! All pasta sauces have a lot of sugar, but this actual has a sweet flavor. The brand was Classico, Flavor: Traditional Sweet Basil. Trust me on this one, you'll taste the difference.

Then I used Italian sausage instead of ground beef. I bought it in the round tube, and only used half. I browned it in a frying pan, then added it to the sauce. In the same frying pan I added a bit on olive oil and sauteed some mushroom and onions. This way Brian could just have the pasta and sauce, while I could still enjoy the veggies. It turned out really yummy!

Same easy spaghetti, totally different taste!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Mmmmm, that DOES look & sound good!

Shelley Family said...

Wow, that sounds so good! I'll have to try it one night :) And the cabin is just past Kamas up Weber canyon so not too far away. We'll have to take you sometime if you end up back in Utah.

Corinne said...

Looks yummy I love trying something new.

DeLoy and Heidi Brady said...

That looks so yummy! I will have to try it. I love spaghetti!!!