Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day One of our Trip Across the Country

Day one felt like fifty all wrapped in one. I didn't think we would EVER get everything out of that place. We took like fifty trips to my Dads house (who's kindly storing all our stuff), and then we still ended up making last minute trips to my Moms, not to mention all the stuff we threw away just because we didn't want to deal with it. Sigh...but it's over, and we are now ON OUR WAY!! WAHOO!!

I am so tired of packing and un-packing and packing again. I tried to pack the crib as a favor to Tiffany...that didn't work out. I barely got everything else in. Now that we are packed the hard part is behind us...only 36 hours of easy driving awaits. ---Brian

Kyler is starting to climb! He always wants to see the doggy outside at grandma and grandpa Smiths house, so we've put a stool by the window so he can look when he want. I think this is what started it. He had a blast playing with his crib bars, up down, up down, up down.


We got everything in the car, and I don't think we could have fit one more ounce of food or anything else we might have needed. Kyler was lucky to find a spot :)

We finally got on the road about 2:00, Kyler did pretty well, he slept for about 45 min, and then had fun playing with his bag of animals he got in Vegas. We entered our first state about 5:00!
We were so excited when we got to Grand Junction. We were originally staying in some budget hotel, but I decided to try out priceline. The budget hotel was going to cost us about 70 dollars, but priceline got us a three star hotel for only 45 bucks! And they had an indoor pool!
Our only disappointment was that the pool ended up being closed. I was so sad, I was looking forward to some fun family time in the pool. Oh well, we had fun running around the room and playing with Kyler in the tub.
This is Kylers room :) We put the pack and play in the entry way and used the comforter from the bed to separate it from the room. It actually worked really well, he didn't even cry when I put him down. He talked to himself for a while and then went right to sleep. And now Brian and I are enjoying catching up on blogs, myfamily, and reading. Ahhhh...this is the life. Tomorrow.....Denver and staying with the Pollary's. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

What fun! I am glad you are blogging your way. try hotwire for hotel rooms sometime. Its fun! You dont know who you book until after you book. We have had some great deals there. Drive safe and pray for long nap times